Olive oil, Almond oil or Grape seed oil (base oil)
Oregano leaves chopped or crushed
Sanitized Jar with a lid
How to make Oregano Oil
- boil some water in a saucepan. Once that was at a rolling boil, turn off the heat.
- Then place the oil and chopped oregano leaves in the sanitized jar.
- Place the jar into the hot water and let it sit for about 5-10 min. The heat helps give the oregano a kick start of the releasing of its oils.
- Remove the jar from the water bath and place in a sunny window for 1-2 weeks.
- Shake the jar every few days to allow the essential oils to mix with your base oil.
- Once the two weeks are up, strain the oil from the leaves.
- Place into a sanitized jar.
- Store the oil in a dark, cool place